VP Finance - Controller
ILIA is a clean color pioneer. This beautiful, vivid brands formulas have roots in organic bases, layered with performance-driven ingredients, each of which was carefully chosen for impact and effect. The result? Innovative formulas, products you can trust, and skin that looks and feels alive.
We are poised for incredible growth as the Clean Color category gains momentum industry-wide. We are seeking a knowledgeable Controller with solid experience in corporate accounting, internal reporting, inventory control, and the audit process. Candidates must have CPA and prior consumer products experience in wholesale and e-commerce. This position will report to the CEO.
ILIA is based in beautiful Laguna Beach, CA. We believe that balance, transparency apply not only to our products, but in the way we treat our employees and one another. We are a casual, happy and an incredibly motivated group – we actually enjoy what we do! Recently funded by Silas Capital, we offer a competitive compensation package. If you are interested in contributing your analytical skills to our brand, we would love to hear from you.
- Manage all financial accounting and reporting functions for the company.
- Generating accurate and timely monthly financial statements, prepare monthly reporting package, including comparative reports of operating results and variance explanations.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Oversee, develop and grow small accounting staff (e.g. AR/AP/Bookkeeper).
- Maintain the accounting database.
- Preparation for 2018+ review and annual audits going forward.
- Review bank reconciliations, loan schedules, and all other balance sheet schedules.
- Assist the CEO and COO in preparing the annual corporate budgets, monitor compliance and provide YTD updates.
- Oversee credit process for wholesale customers.
- Oversee inventory with planner.
- Oversee upgrade to new accounting system in the next 18 months.
- Special projects such as investor board packages as required.
- Ten+ years of experience, including two years of supervisory responsibility.
- Consumer products and inventory experience is a must.
- Controller, rock start Assistant Controller, or equivalent experience.
- CPA a must, college accounting degree and public accounting experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Strong applications software expertise (Excel and accounting software).
Sound like a good fit? Please send your resume to careers@ILIAbeauty.com and make sure to include a cover letter with salary requirements and explaining your unique story and how you can contribute to our success. Please reference “VP Finance” in subject line. Please, no phone calls, no recruitment agencies. ILIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.