We are looking for a multi-faceted Creative Director to guide all creative projects from creative vision to execution. We need big, boundless ideas that complement and drive the lLIA brand forward. You will manage both Brand and E-commerce creative teams that includes but is not limited to: Art Director, Graphic Designer, Creative Content Manager, Web Designer, Freelance Creatives and Photography/Video campaigns. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design with a clear understanding of typographic layout. Attention to detail is a must, as is a drive to inspire big ideas that connect with all audiences across different platforms.
Responsibilities & Objectives
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion
- Build, lead, and review work from the creative team in the production of all web, video, and digital marketing collateral
- Spearhead and manage content strategy for both small and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales departments in developing marketing plans and identifying opportunities
- Develop internal creative marketing campaigns that translate marketing objectives across business units into clear and motivating creative strategies
- Oversee creative’s profitability, deliverables, timelines and budgets
- Meet with upper management to explain campaign strategies and solutions
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative teams
- Remain actively involved in hiring and training creative staff
- Manage and cultivate the career development of staff members, including designers, art directors, copywriters, photographers and web developers
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Supervise a cross-functional team of graphic designers, copywriters, social media experts, photographers/videographers, and project managers in the strategic development of messages and deliverables
- Prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, establishing production schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters, and production departments
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling materials and digital experiences for visually sophisticated audiences
- Present, or oversee presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables
Ideal candidate would have 5+ years of industry experience performing or managing a range of creative positions such as graphic designer, art director and copywriter. Expert knowledge in these functions is a major plus. It’s essential that the Creative Director have great communication, presentation, problem-solving and project-management skills – they’ll need them to get their job done. Having elevated “soft skills” will enable you to inspire creativity and work well with various different personality types, all while juggling timelines and project due dates.
ILIA makes clean skin-centric beauty. We see skincare and makeup as one and believe that skin should look like skin. With transparency as our guide and color as our vehicle, we challenge the conventions of clean beauty to create something radically new, through safe, ground breaking formulas that protect + revive the skin. Headquartered in Laguna Beach, California, ILIA brings together a strong group of innovative thinkers, rule-breakers and creative problem solvers. We pave the way forward as the leading clean makeup brand in what is being call the Clean Beauty Revolution. Fast paced growth provides constant learning, collaborative team work, and the desire to be the best at what you do. We celebrate taking risks, and doing what hasn’t been done before.
Reports into Founder/Chief Creative Officer
Direct Reports: Art Director, Graphic Designer, Web Designer